So happy to announce my NEW Serging Classes at
“SEW CRAFTY” in Rideau Ferry this week.
Thursday December 12 is the Serger Stocking and Friday December 13 is serging Mug Mats and Hot Pads with a Chocolate and Marshmallow theme!
Get cozy with your serger and learn how to make customized ribbon and bows for your gifts.
The dress pictured is comfortable and easy to wear. Thought this year I would go without the typical red and green or festive bling and keep it a year round simple style.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ……
My Christmas sewing tips:
As the count down is on, I am sure you are all sewing the last minute items on your list.
To make your Christmas fun and avoid the stress that often accompanies it, here are my Christmas sewing tips:
1. Put on the Christmas music as you sew away. Music is good for the soul!
2. Arrange the projects in order of importance. Seems Birthdays and other special occasions overlap at Christmas for me, so one day between Boxing day and New Year’s Eve I set aside a therapeutic sewing day for ‘me’
3. Enjoy some Christmas cake and cocoa while sewing and let the mood get festive.
4. Add some Machine Embroidery to ready to wear garments like socks or scarves. I like to purchase items that are ‘blanks’ and personalize them with a monogram or design.
5. Remember what doesn’t get done before the big day will be perfect for beginning next year’s Christmas list.